My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Niobrara River and Ft. Niobrara National Wildlife Refuge

When you enter Ft. Niobrara NWR, you almost immediately cross the Niobrara River and see this small man made waterfall


After driving through the refuge you again cross the Niobrara River and you can see one of the few natural waterfalls, Berry Falls. Canoing is a very popular activity.


Birds and critters seen on the refuge today included this Upland Sandpiper


This Common nighthawk tolerated my sitting and watching him and the clicking of my camera for quite awhile. He finally voiced his disapproval by squawking loudly. I captured him with his mouth wide open


Seems like the Prairie dogs are almost always willing to pose


There are about 350 Bison on the refuge. They weigh about 2,000 pounds. This was one big boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment