My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Monday, June 21, 2010

More Bighorn Sheep

Started the day off by going out to Lacreek NWR. No birds were in the mood to pose, and after seeing three Snapping turtles in two visits, I was skunked on that front too. Did't even lift the camera while there.

Headed north towards Badlands National Park and my destination for the night, Wall, SD. I took some scenery photos along the way, and maybe I'll finish going through them and get some posted tonight. Or maybe not. Drove through the Badlands, took a few pictures, but really wanted to get into town, get settled in the motel and go back out and take photos in the softer light of evening. I took some photos in the harsh sunlight and the early evening ones are really far better. Anyway. I got into Wall about 3:30. The office of the motel was locked up tighter than a drum. This is a mom and pop operation. The office is only open after 4pm....or so I soon found out. So Miz Winnie and I went to the City Park and she got some much needed "excercise".

I found another Bighorn sheep...It appears she (I think it's a she. Need to do some research on the difference of male and females.) has some sort of tracking transmitter around her neck.





No comments:

Post a Comment