My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Badlands National Park and Buffalo Gap National Grassland

Whew! I'm going to get caught up. This morning I went back to the Badlands. I haven't been very happy with the photos I've been getting there, so I changed cameras. Think that was a good idea.

We came to the Badlands either the first or second summer I lived in Nebraska. I don't remember being as impressed with the Badlands on that trip. I'm not particularly good with adjectives, but I have just been awestruck by this landscape. Perhaps that's been part of my frustration with the photos I've been getting. They just haven't seemed to represent the grandeur of what I was seeing. Think I did a little better today. Here's a couple of photos from today.





I then headed south out of the park into the Buffalo National Grassland. I did find one Pronghorn antelope. Kind of scruffy looking!


A Lark bunting chose to pose.


Going to the park in a few minutes and see if I can get some more sunset photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment