My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Ft. Niobrara NWR and Lacreek NWR


I'm in a different time zone. I know I operate in my own zone sometimes, but no smart comments are needed.

Not much of interest to report today. Decided to do a last quick drive through Ft. Niobrara NWR.

Found this just out of the nest Eastern phoebe. Isn't he/she cute?


Usually when I go from Valentine to Lacreek NWR I go west on the Nebraska side and then north. Today I went north from Valentine to South Dakota and then west. Vetal, South Dakota appears to be one of those dieing towns you see in this part of the country.


This old truck was just west of town. Can't you just image the pride the original owner had in this rig when it was new?


Got to Lacreek NWR this afternoon and the only sighting of interest was this Snapping turtle. They can be rather ornery, so I gave her a wide berth as I took photos!


Internet connection has been up and down all evening. One more night here, and hopefully the next place has a more reliable connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment