My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fauna of Theodore Roosevelt National Park

Well, I made it through all the critter photos, deleted the junk, picked and chose the ones I think are the best, and got them uploaded to the photo site. So, here are the one's I like the best.

Photographed this Lark sparrow very early in my time at the park. So early, that I kind of forgot about getting his photo. I think Lark sparrows are the prettiest of the sparrows.


Aw, Mom, I love ya (Prairie dogs)


Feral horses reside in the park. After taking a bunch of photos of this herd, I realized the grungy white pickup also parked in the pullout was a guvment vehicle. So I talked to the Ranger for a couple of minutes. She verified that this was one of several mini-herds of feral horses in the park


Check out the nasty scar on the shoulder of this feral horse


Then there were the Bison. Look at the tongue this guy has!


The rest of the critter photos are here

Not even going to tackle the scenery photos this now morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment