My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

First Day On The Road

I had intended to get to Valentine (the first stop on this trip) via Broken Bow and Highway 83. Because of the flooding, collapsed bridges, and roads being out, I took a somewhat roundabout way. Compliments of the Nebraska Highway Conditions site, I went further west and took Highway 97 north from North Platte. Nary a problem was encountered. Every river and lake along the way was very full, but no water on the road.

A few photos from todays trip

Finally heading into the Nebraska Sandhills


I mostly had the road to myself


The Dismal River Outfitters have quite a spread


The Loup River was full, but not overflowing


Most ranches have signs. Some ranchers seem to have a sense of humor


No post depicting the Sandhills would be complete without a picture of cattle


Or horses

No comments:

Post a Comment