My Miz Winnie

My Miz Winnie

Monday, December 20, 2010

South Padre Island-Part II

While the beautiful beaches and weather draw many to South Padre Island, many come because it is a place that caters to tourists. Much of it colorful, or gawdy. How better to draw the attention of the tourist, than to paint the building for your business bright colors?



Some of them offer t-shirts for $1.99 and sweatshirts for $3.99. Wonder how well they survive their first trip through the washer? Does the irony of the name of this tourist trap appeal to anyone else?



The name of this establishment amused me



The paint has faded on this building, but I like the water tower that shows through under the thatched roof on the left. I believe that the water tower is for the Border Patrol Detention Center. That center was previously known by many as the Border Patrol Academy.



I'm going to do one more post with my favorite photo from South Padre Island.

No comments:

Post a Comment